I have always had a passion for creating intricate pieces of art. My inspiration flourishes from years of experience; from my initial training in the Netherlands, to the knowledge and skill gained from working with artists in South Africa, Ireland, Amsterdam and Sydney. I have now settled in Mudgee and Newcastle as a registered valuer and goldsmith.
The beauty of my jewellery is that it is timeless, versatile and individual. Striking in an understated way.
I only work with quality materials such as gold, silver, platinum, diamonds, pearls and natural stones. It is intriguing to discover how these different media can relate together in colour and movement, and in turn, creating unique pieces.
I have always been fascinated and influenced by jewellery over the centuries; the materials and tools people used, what the jewellery meant to the individual, who wore what and why, and how this has developed into modern jewellery today.
Most of my work is by commission. It is a challenging enjoyment, found by the thrill of designing an object to suit an individual; a piece which will enhance, sit well, and bring joy to the owner.
• Goldsmith (Vakschool Schoonhoven, the Netherlands)
• Diploma in Gemmology (gemstone recognition, grading and the detection of synthetic gemstones)
• Diploma in Diamond Grading
• Registered Member of the National Council of Jewellery Valuers (NCJV) Registered Valuer N640
• Fellow of the Gemmological Association of Australia (GAA)
• Fellow of the Gold and Silversmiths Guild of Australia (GSGA)
GSGA is the only professional organisation in Australia with a traditional and comprehensive system of marking precious metal items combined with a high degree of consumer protection.
The Guild’s principal aim is to promote the Guild mark as a symbol of excellence.